I recently discovered the simplicity of preparing overnight oats. Things I love about this recipe:
- Everything is in a mason jar which that alone makes it taste better…am I right?!
- There is no cooking involved.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to throw everything in the jar and stir.
- You wake up smiling because breakfast is served.
- You can modify the ingredients to your liking. I.e. Don’t like almonds? Use another nut, ya nut. Do you have honey on hand instead of maple syrup? Get your honey on. Doesn’t matter. The only thing that is crucial is that you use the 1:1 ratio between the oats and milk.
There are so many variations of overnight oats that can be dreamed up. I already have other combos in mind. Blueberries, pecans, honey and cinnamon. Peaches, pistachios, vanilla and honey. The potential is endless. Enjoy your oats!
- 2 C. of rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats)
- 2 C. of almond milk (you can use any milk you like)
- 1 TBSP. of chia seeds
- 1 TBSP. of shredded coconut
- 1½ TBSP. of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ¼ C. sliced or chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 1 C. of fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries (you will not need this until the next day)
- In a large mason jar, combine all of the ingredients except for the fresh fruit. Stir well, cover with lid and place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, remove from fridge, stir well and top with the fresh fruit.